In need of some new reading to spur your mind? Here is a great list of FREE BOOKS in PDF form to educate oneself on race, gender, sexuality, class, and culture! Please feel free to share this with anyone who you feel might benefit. Special thanks you to Tracie of Emory University.
- The Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire
- Angela Y. Davis - Are Prisons Obsolete?
- Angela Y. Davis - Race, Women, and Class
- The Communist Manifesto - Marx and Engels
- Three Guineas by Virginia Woolf
- Feminism is for Everybody - bell hooks
- Faces at the Bottom of the Well - Derrick Bell
- I am Your Sister - Audre Lorde
- Black Feminist Thought-Patricia Hill Collins
- Gender Trouble - Judith Butler
- Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston
- Medical Apartheid - Harriet Washington
- Fear of a Queer Planet: Queer Politics and Social Theory - edited by Michael Warner
- Colonialism/Postcolonialism - Ania Loomba
- Discipline and Punish - Michel Foucault
- The Gloria Anzaldua Reader
- This Bridge Called My Back: Writings by Radical Women of Color by Cherríe Moraga & Gloria Anzaldúa
- What is Cultural Studies? - John Storey
- Cultural Theory and Popular Culture
- The Disability Studies Reader
This list was compiled by the The Woke Folk.
I am a man on a mission! As a writer, I expound on Black culture from a millennial perspective and unite and empower marginalized communities through journalism and social media. A Master’s in African American Studies, I’m also the creator of The Corner, a one-hour student run weekly radio at Temple University. Follow me on Twitter: @Tyreebp..